Call of Duty Elite Details Revealed!
Its been quite a long time coming but the details for the Call of Duty: Elite service have finally been revealed. We already knew to an extent what the service would provide, but not the nitty gritty. So, what can the $50 (£35) per year service get you?
- All Modern Warfare 3 DLC regardless of when you purchase the service. Activision claim over 20 pieces of DLC will be available within the first year, whether thats map packs, game modes or other goodies.
- Daily competitions for physical and digital prizes
- Clan levelling system
- Tips for strategies, guns, maps and modes. Videos by CoD veterans showing these hints
- Elite TV feautring video content depicting rivalries and more. Produced by Ridley and Tony Scott
- Free members have access to vast stats tracking with facebook integration
It seems like some fears are put to rest with Elite being a CoD ‘elitist’ service creating a two tier set for players. However, this is not the case as free members still have access to various features. The biggest selling point for Elite is the free DLC which will total far above the annual subscription price if each pack was bought individually.
Without the DLC it would be hard to justify the price charged by Activision, but for the hardcore CoD fans this should be a great service to cater for itchy trigger fingers. Elite will be available on November 8th on PS3 and Xbox 360. The service will be compatible with Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops.