Bethesda Responds to Morrowind Mystery
Our good friend ppsh-41 uncovered last year that the entire Tamriel land mass was accessible in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Todd Howard of Bethesda has finally responded.
When questioned by the guys over at Kotaku, here’s what Howard said:
“The reason they are there - and I will not say if we are or are not using them in the future - is when we first built the landmass for Skyrim we knew we were going to have these tall mountains.
And what can you see see? We have views early in the project where you can see into the [neighbouring] province from the other game. We needed to have something [there].
It’s not high detail. If you walk there, from a distance it’s…yeah, the stuff is there. And the thinking is, maybe we’ll use it one day, but our larger worry was, I’m going to climb up on top of a mountain and look that way. What will I be able to see there? We try to cover all those angles as much as we can.”
The bit that both we and Kotaku are most interested in is the “maybe we’ll use it one day”. We sure as hell hope Bethesda do, that’d be incredible!
29 Notes/ Hide
- theacidfairyprincess likes this
- korkukurgu likes this
- topsecretlady likes this
- xiaotsu reblogged this from brogamer
- kingofallpuddin reblogged this from ppsh-41 and added:
- riverdg1 reblogged this from ppsh-41
- solonggaybowser likes this
- thisfunnyblog reblogged this from ppsh-41
- thisfunnyblog likes this
- xeno-unknown reblogged this from ppsh-41
- kestner reblogged this from ppsh-41
- kestner likes this
- pulpless-fiction reblogged this from brogamer
- kettir likes this
- alamomagikal likes this
- foreignphilosophy likes this
- w124 likes this
- innerverse likes this
- max-trazo likes this
- ca-sey likes this
- ppsh-41 reblogged this from brogamer
- ppsh-41 likes this
- brogamer posted this